Description du poste
To support the efficient functioning of the facility and ensure that general appearance is maintained in accordance with the required standards as described in main agreement.
General handyman services fall broadly into areas of electrical, plumbing and basic building related maintenance work. Individual(s) providing the service must have all-around skills that enable them to work on everything from appliances, broken windows, stuck doors to lock changes and painting projects.
Good people skills and a well-rounded "fix-it" knowledge base are key enablers.
Primary responsibility will be to take direction from the Office Manager in the areas listed below
- Undertake minor items of repair and maintenance to the accommodation and office areas, including the minor repair of fixtures and fittings (e.g., desks, tables and chairs). Repairs / maintenance will occasionally include the need to order consumables (e.g., light bulbs, batteries). Service provider will need to order Written approval needed detailing cost and quantity for all consumables
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance on site, including but not limited to proactive and reactive work.
- Assist with minor plumbing including unblocking sinks and drains etc.
- Deal with minor electrical repairs and fixings.
- Assist cleaners with periodic cleaning of appliances such as ovens and refrigerators
- Assist with deliveries and general portage duties.
- Support with other cleaning duties as and when required.
- Responsible for PAT testing of low power electrical equipment on site.
Individuals provided by contractor should have the following competencies :
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance.
- Experienced with use of small industrial/electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions, including COSHH regulations and an awareness of health and hygiene procedures.
- Literacy and Numeracy skills sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements etc.
- Able to regularly handle/carry items.
- At certain points of the day the service provider will be expected to undertake bending, lifting and stretching in the course of their duties e.g. minor maintenance work, remedial painting / decorating, repairs to fixing, receiving deliveries of goods and equipment, setting out and putting away furniture.
- Due to the nature of the service there will be an expectation that the individuals will be exposed to dirt and dust which on occasions may be higher than normal (e.g., during adverse weather conditions).
- Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the service provider at regular intervals.
Proficient with Office SoftwareConfirmé
Promoting process improvementConfirmé